CMA CGM ADDS A NEW CALL TO PORTMIAMI DEVELOPING
NEW MARKET OPPORTUNITIES WITH MEXICO
(MIAMI – September 17, 2014) CMA CGM Group, the world’s third largest container shipping company, today announced that it will upgrade its Amerigo service starting October 1, 2014, with the introduction of a new call at PortMiami.
The service will include a new weekly call at PortMiami, developing new opportunities with Florida and Mexico. PortMiami’s reliable operations and convenient location provides fast and easy access to Miami distribution centers and warehouses.
With Bill Johnson now operating the sewer department, Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez, soon to stand for reelction, now gets to take credit for positive port activity.
“PortMiami continues to expand its cargo operations as more companies are discovering our central location and excellent warehousing facilities that help increase the flow of cargo,” said Gimenez. “We welcome the Amerigo service to the PortMiami and thank CMA CGM for choosing us, helping to keep PortMiami among the top world ports for trade and commerce.”
“PortMiami is the best choice for fast and reliable service,” said Port Director Juan M. Kuryla. “We have the infrastructure in place to provide the world’s top shipping lines the best quality of service i.e.; new Super-post Panamax gantry cranes, a recently opened restack facility, new on-dock rail service, as well as a new tunnel linking the port directly to Florida’s Interstate Highway System.”
The new service pattern offered by CMA CGM will:
- include a fleet of 6 vessels operated exclusively by CMA CGM;
- cover in 42 days the following ports: Malta, Livorno, Genoa, Fos-sur-mer, Barcelona, and Valencia (WB), New York, Norfolk, Savannah, Miami, Tangiers, Valencia (EB), Malta;
- start a new offer of service to Mexico, thanks to a weekly connection with Victory Bridge, in Miami, allowing the development of the West Mediterranean / Mexico trade, with a faster transit-time, an excellent reliability of service standard, and a smooth transshipment operation in Miami;
- maintain its service in Houston on the Florida loop.
According to CMA CGM, this new Amerigo service will offer several advantages to the CMA CGM Group and to its partners such as:
- An optimized vessel planning, allowing more opportunities in terms of OOG, breakbulk, IMO and reefer commodities;
- an excellent coverage of West Mediterranean countries, as well as an extension to Florida and an opening to the Mexican market via Miami;
- a high standard of schedule reliability.
The new Amerigo service is scheduled to start at PortMiami on Sunday, October 26, 2014, with the arrival of the MOZART. For more information about the Amerigo Service please visit: http://www.cma-cgm.com/products-services/line-services/flyer/AMEREX